Monday 6 August 2007

Granny Beddard's


What with all this jam activity lately an interest has been expressed towards buying my wares (which I must admit is extremely flattering). Although I start college in just over one month (and therefore am not really in any position to start up a business) I have been dabbling with the idea of selling my jams and things.

Although far from being a Granny (there is the technical issue that I have not even had children of my own yet, least of all lived to see them have offspring themselves) I decided that a suitable name for one such venture would be Granny Beddard's Preserves. There is some reasoning behind this, as Grandma has been a nickname of mine in the past, plus it sums up pretty much what you think of when thinking of homemade jam. In the end it was a toss-up between that and 'Good Jam', which frankly just sounded a little too smug. So, Granny Beddard's Preserves it is.

My good friend Cookie has been helping me out with this by designing a label for me (pictured above). All feedback very welcome, but hopefully it shouldn't be too long before I can get this underway.

And, many thanks to Mr Simon Ridgwell from POKE - my first customer!

No comments: